Ammonium nitrate/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Ammonium nitrate, or pages that link to Ammonium nitrate or to this page or whose text .
- Explosives : Explosive agent; a compound or mixture susceptible of a rapid chemical reaction, as gunpowder, or nitroglycerin.
- Fertilizer : Add brief definition or description
- Amatol : WWII explosive mixtures with various ratios of ammonium nitrate, TNT and sometimes aluminium powder
- Ammonal : Usually considered an explosive mixture of ammonium nitrate, aluminium powder, and an organic fuel/binder such as fuel oil or charcoal; the term sometimes is used synonymously with amatol, a mixture that includes TNT
- Ammonium nitrate-fuel oil : A class of explosive mixtures, using ammonium nitrate as an oxidizer and a hydrocarbon fuel, and sometimes additives, widely used in construction and mining, but also in improvised explosive devices
- Minol : WWII explosive, used primarily in naval weapons such as depth charges, antisubmarine mortars and naval mines; composed of 40% TNT, 40% ammonium nitrate, 20% aluminium powder
- 1921 Oppau explosion : Add brief definition or description
- 1947 Texas City disaster : Add brief definition or description
- 1988 Kansas City, Missouri arson : Add brief definition or description
- Oklahoma City bombing : The 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, killing 168, by Timothy McVeigh, and a collaborator, Terry Nichols, with an anti-government agenda.
- 2001 Tolouse disaster : Add brief definition or description
- 2004 Ryongchon disaster : Add brief definition or description