Covert operation/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Covert operation, or pages that link to Covert operation or to this page or whose text .
- Deception : The act of deceiving or misleading, through the intentional concealing or misrepresentation of facts.
- Special operations : Military or paramilitary operations that differ from conventional operations in degree of physical and political risk, operational techniques, mode of employment, independence from friendly support, and dependence on detailed operational intelligence and indigenous assets; they are often controlled at a national or strategic level of command
- Clandestine cell system : A method for organizing a group in such a way that it can more effectively resist penetration by an opposing organization.
- Clandestine human-source intelligence and covert action : Intelligence and military special operations functions that either should be completely secret (i.e., clandestine: the existence of which is not known outside the relevant government circles), or simply cannot be linked to the sponsor (i.e., covert: it is known that sabotage is taking place, but its sponsor is unknown).
- Guerrilla warfare : A set of strategic, operational, and tactical actions, within a political context, taken against an enemy in territory dominated by that enemy, by irregular troops, often not uniformed
- Plausible deniability : Denial of blame in loose and informal chains of command where upper rungs quarantine the blame to the lower rungs, and that all claims of innocence are accepted.
- Sabotage : The act of covertly damaging equipment or facilities, usually as part of guerrilla warfare.
- Clandestine operation : Any of a range of activities, intended to affect the behavior of a target nation or non-national actor, where the performing actor takes all practical efforts to ensure that the fact of the activities do not become known to unauthorized personnel. Only a small number of officials of the country or non-state entity performing the operation may be aware of it.
- Information operations : The integrated employment of the core capabilities of electronic warfare, computer network operations, psychological operations, military deception, and operations security.