African American/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to African American, or pages that link to African American or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/African American. Needs checking by a human.
- 2008 United States presidential election : The 55th quadrennial United States presidential election held on November 4, 2008.
- African American literature : The body of literature produced in the USA by writers of African descent.
- Back door man : A phrase common in blues lyrics to denote a secret lover, who sneaks out the back door when the husband comes home.
- Barack Obama presidential campaign, 2008 : February 2007 to November 2008, the start of the campaign was announced at the Old State Capitol building in Springfield, Illinois.
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (born 1961).
- Black (people) : Most commonly used to describe any person of sub-Saharan African ancestry.
- Blues : A music genre based on the use of the blues chord progressions (I-IV-V) and blue notes.
- Breakdance : Athletic dance style, usually to hip hop music.
- Eric Foner : An American scholar and Dewitt Clinton Professor of History at Columbia University in New York.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt : (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945), often called FDR, the President of the United States 1933 to 1945.
- Halifax, Nova Scotia : Largest urban community in Atlantic Canada, whose residents are known as Haligonians.
- Hiram Bingham : One of the first missionaries to the Hawaiian Islands.
- Jesse Owens : A black American athlete whose 4 gold medals at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin have been considered a rebuff to the Nazi efforts to showcase Aryan supremacy at those Games.
- Jim Crow : Add brief definition or description
- Kinston Indians : Add brief definition or description
- Kroger Babb : (30 December 1906 – 28 January 1980) American film and television producer and showman, whose marketing techniques were similar to a travelling salesman's, from the medicine-show tradition.
- Lyndon B. Johnson : American politician (1908-1973); president 1963–1969; known for his civil rights bills and "The Great Society".
- Major League Baseball : A professional sports league located in the United States.
- Michelle Obama : Attorney and former First Lady of the United States (2009-2017; born 1964).
- New York City : The largest city in the United States of America and a world center of finance, commerce, communications, and the arts.
- Nonprofit Terminology : Terms often used interchangeably to refer to organizations and services not bought and sold in markets or directly controlled by governments. Terms like nonprofit, not-for-profit and nongovernmental emphasize slightly different facets of phenomena occurring 'outside' markets and governments.
- Obama administration : The policy making organization lead by President Barack Obama.
- Tuskegee Syphilis Study : Clinical study conducted in the 1930s in Tuskegee, Alabama, by the US Public Health Service, into syphilis for research related to the natural progression of the untreated disease.
- U.S. Demographic History : Historic trends in population growth, geographical distribution by states and urban-rural, internal migration, and components of change (births, deaths, immigration), as well as race and ethnicity, and population policy as they relate to the United States.
- U.S. Republican Party : Add brief definition or description
- Umoja Karamu : Add brief definition or description
- Wisconsin : Add brief definition or description