Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Conservatism, or pages that link to Conservatism or to this page or whose text .
- Ideology : An organized set of ideas and ways of understanding the world, usually normative, and often on political, economic, ethical or philosophical subjects.
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Conservative political parties : Any political party or interest group committed to conservative principle, which is a sometimes paradoxical notion. In the last years of the U.S.S.R., for example, socialist leaders there found themselves in the role of conservatives, seeking to preserve the status quo ante, as political conservatives in the U.S., Britain and elsewhere were committed to radical transformation of the role of government.
- Neoconservatism : A political philosophy and ideology which combines many traditional conservative opinions with an emphasis on the importance of foreign policy and using American power to push democracy forward.
- Religious right : Add brief definition or description