George W. Bush/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to George W. Bush, or pages that link to George W. Bush or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. Republican Party : One of two major contemporary political parties in the United States; center-right; the elephant is its symbol.
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- 1994 Texas gubernatorial election : Add brief definition or description
- 1998 Texas gubernatorial election : Add brief definition or description
- 2000 United States presidential election : A close election. The electoral college chose George W. Bush, the popular vote chose Al Gore.
- 2004 United States presidential election : Reelection victory of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney (R) over the Democratic slate of John Kerry and John Edwards
- Dick Cheney : (1941–) U.S. Vice President in the George W. Bush Administration and advocate of neoconservatism and unitary Presidential authority; currently a political commentator; U.S. Secretary of Defense in the George H. W. Bush Administration; spouse of Lynne Cheney; father of Liz Cheney
- Laura Bush : Add brief definition or description
- Alberto Gonzales : Add brief definition or description
- Condoleeza Rice : Academic political scientist, then Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and U.S. Secretary of State in the George W. Bush Administration
- Karl Rove : Political consultant to U.S. Republicans; primary political adviser to George W. Bush
- Enemy combatant : The term used by the George W. Bush Administration for individuals it considered ineligible for prisoner of war status rather than "unlawful combatant", the term of the Third Geneva Convention; language explicitly rejected by the Obama Administration
- Office of Legal Counsel : Within the U.S. Department of Justice, the office that gives legal opinions on complex interagency and constitutional matters to the rest of the Executive Branch, including the Counsel to the President and the Attorney General
- Signing statements : Add brief definition or description
- 9/11 Attack : The largest terrorist attack on the continental United States, occurring on September 11, 2001, using hijacked airliners as suicide weapons against major buildings.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security : An executive (cabinet-level) department of the United States government whose primary mission is to protect the security of the nation.
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- National Security Strategy of the United States of America (2002) : The key public document on national security strategy, issued by the George W. Bush Administration between the 9-11 Attack and the Iraq War
- Extraordinary rendition, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : Add brief definition or description
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : Add brief definition or description
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : Add brief definition or description
- Iraq War : Add brief definition or description
- Michael Chertoff : Add brief definition or description
- Hurricane Katrina : Add brief definition or description
- Hurricane Rita : Add brief definition or description
- Samuel Alito : Add brief definition or description
- Harriet Miers : Add brief definition or description
- John Roberts : Add brief definition or description