Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume Two
|Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume Two|
|Release Date||21 March 2000 (US)|
21 March 2000 (UK)
|Recorded||May 1972 - December 1978 at various studios.|
Mastered at Sterling Sounds, New York.
|Genre||Hard rock, blues rock, folk rock, rock|
|Length||64 minutes 36 seconds|
|Catalogue||Atlantic 83278-2 (US)|
Atlantic 7567-83278-2 (UK)
Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume Two is a single compilation release (One compact disc or double vinyl album) by English rock group Led Zeppelin, issued by Atlantic Records on 21 March 2000.
It features a total of 11 tracks selected by Jimmy Page, to highlight the band's later career from 1973 through to 1979. As an added bonus, the CD format is enhanced with the addition of a promotional music video, 'Kashmir'. This video contains a combined footage recorded on the evenings of 24 and 25 May 1975, in Earls Court Arena, London. The footage used was the same as the one projected on the giant Ediphor screen at the venue, and synced to the remastered track. Footage of 'Kashmir' was also added to the Led Zeppelin DVD in 2003.
The album debuted at number 81 on the Billboard's 200 Albums chart, and charted for a total of twenty-six weeks. It was preceded by Early Days (1999), rounding out the best of the band's catalogue. Both Early Days and Latter Days were later combined into the Early Days and Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volumes One and Two (2002) CD only box set.
2000 Track listing:
|Chart (2000)||Peak position|
|German Albums Chart||71|
|UK Albums Chart||40|
|US Billboard The 200 Albums Chart||81|
|US Billboard Top Internet Albums||6|
|RIAA – USA||Gold||19 April 2004|
|RIAA – USA||Platinum||19 April 2004|
- ↑ Lewis, Dave and Pallett, Simon (2005). Led Zeppelin: The Concert File, Revised. London: Omnibus Press, 44. ISBN 1-84449-659-7.
- ↑ Top 100 Albums - March 2000. musicline.de. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.
- ↑ Top 100 Albums - 1 April 2000. chartstats.com. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.
- ↑ Billboard.com Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 2 - 8 April 2000. Billboard. Retrieved on 2008-12-03.
- ↑ Top Internet Albums - 8 April 2000. Billboard. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.