Continental philosophy/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Continental philosophy, or pages that link to Continental philosophy or to this page or whose text .
- Philosophy : The study of the meaning and justification of beliefs about the most general, or universal, aspects of things.
- Existentialism : Twentieth century philosophical and cultural trend that sees human life as being self-authored, rejecting pre-written essences of human life.
- Frankfurt School : Marxist approach to philosophy and social criticism that originated with the Institute of Social Research in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- German idealism : Add brief definition or description
- Hermeneutics : Study of the methods used in interpreting texts.
- Phenomenology : Add brief definition or description
- Postmodernism : A broad collection of critical theories, political attitudes and literary and artistic practices that react to what postmodernists feel to be a modernist culture - one defined by belief in scientific knowledge, moral authority, historical progress and a foundationalist view of language and the self.
- Analytic philosophy : Philosophical tradition that emphasizes the logical analysis of concepts and the study of the language in which they are expressed.